Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Etsy 817 Artist Spotlight- Love Who

Etsy 817 is pleased to introduce Love Who

What is your Etsy shop name and link?
Love Who http://lovewho.etsy.com The category “The Tofu Shoppe” is a branch for my younger sister.

What do you make and sell in these shops?
I make plushies and polymer clay accessories (such as charms or jewelry). My sister focuses mainly on tofu charms.

Where else can we find you online or off?
Online: http://love-who.deviantart.com
Offline: I started selling at anime conventions this year, which has been a success! I was previously at A-kon22 and AnimeFest’11. I have no shows scheduled at this time.

What inspires you to create your art?
Anything and everything! Sometimes I’ll be eating something and suddenly think how cute it would be as a plush or charm. Other times I pull things randomly out of a conversation with someone. Many of the times I daydream.

When did you start your business and what inspired you to do so?
I honestly started in 2008 under Oanhderbread, but it was very short lived. Being away from crafts for two years made me miss it and so I returned last summer as Love Who and haven’t looked back since. The inspiration to continue is my love for crafting.

What were you doing career wise when you decided to create your own business?
College student. Still am!

What has been your biggest obstacle so far and how did you overcome it?
Fear. Fear of a lot of things. Fear of failing, fear of people not liking what I offer, fear of how I come across at a vendor event. Haha.  The only way to really overcome any of that was to get in there and take it one step at a time. Learn that some people will hate what I make and some will love it.

Have your friends and family supported your dream?
Yes! It was a pleasant surprise. Sometimes they’re the ones who push me when I’m in a slump. I love all the support they give and appreciate it so very much!

Where do you work from?
Everything I do is from home. There is fabric and supplies everywhere.

Have you been using social media to grow your business?
I’m trying. I update on my DeviantArt page often (www.love-who.deviantart.com) and recently started up a Facebook Fanpage (www.facebook.com/ck.lovewho)

What do you like about your work?
I love that it’s so random and there’s no telling what idea will spurt out into plush or charm form. I find my items unique and I love offering varieties of one thing.

Professionally, what’s your goal?
Although crafting is my dream, my goal in life is to obtain an MD.



What is your best-selling item?
Poo and toilet paper couples/BFF charms.

Silly, fun questions:
What’s your favorite color? Pink!

What jobs have you done other than being an artist?



I have been a jr high tutor, a medical technician, a sales intern, and have volunteered for the library and animal shelter.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I LOOOOVE the Poo and Toilet Paper charms. So freakin' cute. This stuff is great. Keep up the good work.