Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Etsy817 Artist Spotlight- Corky Crafts

Etsy817 proudly presents Corky Crafts




What are your Etsy shop name and link:
Corky Crafts
CorkyCrafts.etsy.com

What do you make and sell in these shops?
Wine cork wreaths

What inspires you to create your art?
Nature, ideas, memories

When did you start your business and what inspired you to do so?
For 25 years I’ve been making things for church bazaars and school fund raisers. I was dared to join Etsy in 2009, took the challenge and I’m still here!


What were you doing career wise when you decided to create your own business?
I’m still working full time. Etsy is my fun job that I wish was a career. Its still a work in progress.

What has been your biggest obstacle so far and how did you overcome it?
Sales, I’m still trying to increase my sales. I promote and try with teams.

What are the positives and negatives about being your own boss? 
Working full time at another job I wish I was my own boss but on Etsy its cool. I can do my own hours and plus I’ve made so many good friends on Etsy! 

Have you been using social media to grow your business?
No, I’m not on facebook or twitter but I do promote my business on the teams with Etsy.

How did you learn and acquire the skills you use to make your business successful and/or how do you continue to grow and learn?
Floral design for several years while in college and art courses.

What's the best piece of business advice you’ve ever been given?
When the chips are down never give up! Keep trying!

What memorable responses have you had to your work?
Repeat clients!

What do you like about your work?
The end results.

What is your dream project?
I currently don’t have one but would love to have one if and when I ever win the lottery – ha ha ha

If you had it to do over again, what, if anything, would you do differently?
I wouldn’t change a thing.

What is your favorite product or service that you offer?
Wine Cork Wreaths, each one turns out differently. When I get going the ideas just flow as I’m creating.

What is your best-selling item?
Wine Lovers Wine Cork Weaths

What superpower would you want to have and why?
Time travel – wouldn’t you love to go back in time?

1 comment:

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

Love CorkyCrafts! So unique!

Etsy817 is also a FABULOUS concept for a blog! Great job!

Check out my blog: www.handmadintexas.net